Tuesday 16 August 2011

Tea Cup Tuesday - Almost Snap!

Welcome to Teacup Tuesday!


This little beauty is part of another set inherited from my Grandmother. The set comprises of cups, saucers and side plates. I don't know if there was a teapot, sugar bowl and milk jug.


Then about five years ago, in a small antique here, in the South Devon seaside town where I live, my Mum spotted this.




It matched the original set, although was much smaller, and made by a different company. In view of the experience of regret I felt with the Flying Pheasant set Mum bought the set for me as a birthday present. The smaller set comprises of a very sweet milk jug and sugar bowl, a small teapot and side plates, cups and saucers. It now sits along side the original set as a complimentary set rather than an addition to my original, treasured set.


Submitted as part of Tea Cups Tuesday hosted by Artful Affirmations

3 comments:

  1. Oh Snap, what a lovely set you have, and how fabulous that you were able to get more of it after all these years! The flowers are so vibrant and alive. This is definitely a wonderful set to have.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a cheery, bright and vivid set...certainly will wake you up in the morning! This is a treasure :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Snap: This set is so pretty. It would look wonderfun in my kitchen. I just love it. The colors are so retro, and vibrant. How wonderful to have something so pretty from your Grandmother. Have a wonderful week and thank you for being a part of Tea Cup Tuesday. Blessings, Martha

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...