What if you could invite a series of your ancestors to dinner? People that had lived and died long before you had been born? Who would you invite?
- I would invite my 6 x Great Grandfather - Henry Budd (born circa 1700). Please confirm that you were born in Shackleford. I can't check as the original records have not survived!
- I would invite both of my Grand parents - Lilian Butcher nee Matthews (1912-1995) & George Butcher (1908 - 1974) Just to have one more conversation with them.
- I would invite my 5 x Great Grandfather John Elstone (1737 - 1799) because I want to understand more of the Paper making business he owned.
- I would invite my Great Great Grandfather John Matthews (1848 - 1927) - I have a few questions.....
- I would invite my Great x 3 Grandmother Emaline Luff (1797 - 1856) - Why did you say you were born in Bramshot? I did eventually find you in Lurgershall Sussex
Hopefully, we would have a lovely dinner - probably roast turkey as this would be a celebration and turkey would have been expensive during their lifetimes (exception here would be my Grandparents). We would hopefully chat and I would be able to ask them all the questions that I would like to. I wonder what they would make of me and my home, with running water, electricity and all the modern technology.......