Saturday 2 June 2012

Sepia Saturday 128

As we are having the Jubilee weekend here in the UK it seemed fitting to share this photo, which I may have shared before.



This a photograph of the Coronation Parade taken 2nd June 1953. The reverse of the photograph is written by late Great Aunt Dorothy May nee Butcher. The man holding the horse is her brother, my Great Uncle Dick, who was christened Percy in Wanborough in 1906. 

My Uncle moved to Horley with his wife Molly nee BEST, so it could have been taken in Horley, but a hunch tells me it is Manor Farm at Guildford.

Uncle looks a bit stern, so perhaps there was not too much singing!

Taking part in Sepia Saturday

6 comments:

  1. Well if it says ‘under arrest’ I’m not surprised he looks a bit stern! You could write a story around this photo Julie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How great to be involved in the coronation. How many people can say that?
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That policeman looks a bit of a laugh - almost a caricature.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool photo from the past! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That photo is a treasure for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The bike in the background is bringing back memories for me. I remember threading streamers through the wheels of my bike ...but unfortunately I can't remember why. I'll be trying to remember all night now :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...