Thursday 24 October 2013

GeniAus Hangout on Air

The first email I spotted this morning as I started work on my inbox was from Jill at Geniaus, who has I am delighted to say, has taken the plunge and is hosting what I believe will be a regular in the Genealogy Google Hangout calender.

Image courtesy of Google & Geniaus
The event will take place on Wednesday 30th October. Jill has created an event at Google which you can access HERE.

By clicking on Yes to attend or maybe the item will appear in your Google stream so that you don't miss the event.

As someone who has started hosting hangouts with the Book of Me, they appear to be daunting, but don't let that put you off.

It is easy to participate and I really recommend getting involved. All you need is -
  1. A Google Account which allows you to access the event
  2. Headphones and a microphone - I personally have a Microsoft Life Chat LX 300 (remember to tell your computer you are using a headset!)
  3. Google operates by allowing 10 people to be inside the hangout - or in the room, or active participants. The hangout once live will record at YouTube where you can 
    1. Watch live
    2. Water later 
You can view Jill's YouTube Channel HERE & check your time zone by using World Time Buddy

The Internet and Google are really allowing us to interact and collaborate with fellow genealogists, from the comfort of our homes. Isn't technology wonderful?

So, what are you waiting for? Will we see you on Wednesday?

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the tips Julie. I am now suffering from a major case of tummy butterflies and wondering why I do this to myself BUT from the response I have had so far I can see that Hangouts are something others want to experience. Look forward to catching up with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to it Jill and I am sure others are too. No need to be nervous, you are among friends!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...